Friday, August 7, 2009

Bear lake!

I just got back from bear lake with a bunch of friends, we had a lot of fun! The trip was great we had a great Beach house/Cabin thing right next to the beach



We had seven people total, the first day we decided to leave Springville at 6:00 AM (which of course meant we where on our way by 7:30)The way up was great (a little crowded, I had to be in a mini trunk with two other people for three hours)

When we arrived we decided to hit the beach as soon as possible, we went down to the beach and decided to swim out to a little floating dock about 500 yards out
(give or take) it was funny because most people would hesitate to swim that far in open water, but all of us swimmers didn't even think twice.

After a full day of fun we went back to the cabin and despite having a lot of sunscreen on I got way burnt.

we had burgers the first night




it looks pink on the picture for some reason but it was actually very well cooked and delicious, not to mention huge.

After the Burgers we played poker dressed up like the guys in the world series, after looking at some of the pictures of those guys online I realized the crazier the outfit the better it is.

Pretty ridiculous I know, check out that burn though!

Shane going for the simple look

If Anyone can pull off that look its Nugent.

Jeff and Jhonny looking Professional



My Complete lack of chips is proof that no matter how awesome your outfit is, if you don't know how to play poker your gonna lose all your money (your likely to lose it all even if you do know how to play)

That night we played poker well into the night, I went to bed early (1:30 AM) the rest turned in at about 3:00. (excluding the two youngsters who passed out on the floor at about 10:00)

The second day was great my sunburns had gotten worse and I had no desire to get anymore sun, we went to the north beach to play and I didn't even get into my swimsuit




no more burns for me, I just listened to my music and enjoyed the shade while watching Channing and Shane make some awesome sand sculptures!



That's a great Turtle and Shark



and I don't want any comments about the back fin going the wrong way! :)



I had a great time and would just like to say that Bear lake is probably the most beautiful lakes I've ever seen, its so blue! If you've never been I highly recommend it. Props to Channing for making it all possible






That's all for now you can expect something more philosophical soon! have a great weekend everybody

1 comments:

T.C. said...

Sounds like you have had a good summer. Good luck with school in the fall.

-Cristina G.

Post a Comment