Sunday, September 20, 2009

Deadbeat Revival



Last night I had the opportunity to attend a Deadbeat Revival concert. Having known the lead singer Eric Buzbee for most my life, I know which bands have influenced their style which influenced my expectations. When the Deadbeat's began playing, I was immediately impressed. Their music is completely unique. Most impressive the band maintained their style throughout the show, demonstrating that the band had made the distinction themselves. Deadbeat Revival offers familiar musical elements and provides them in fresh ways, making every song enjoyable. I believe that the clarity of Eric Buzbee's voice is what exemplified the bands style, in harmony with the bassist, Taylor Smith, the vocals can only be described as beautiful. The bands success would not have been possible without out the solid performance from the Drummer, Louis. His performance greatly improved Deadbeat Revivals overall strength, not once did Louis detract from the band. Perhaps the most unexpected example Deadbeat Revival's talent was a cover of the song Hot and Cold by Katie Perry, not only did the cover demonstrate their unique style by actually making the song enjoyable, it also showcased the unbelievable talent that Deadbeat Revival has. If Deadbeat Revival can improve their writing skills, and continue gaining experience through performances, they will learn which strengths to exemplify in the future. It's easy to predict a bright future for this band.

I would have liked to write a complete review of the other performance by Caught in Remorse but my time is short. Caught in Remorse's performance was somewhat distracted, Mike Buzbee's and Jory Reese preformed like professionals, but I wouldn't be doing a very good job as a critic if I didn't point out the blatantly unrehearsed and poor decisions of the drummer (whose name I don't care to know). As I mentioned before a good drummer showcases the bands ability by supporting the other musicians. In my opinion the only time that undivided attention should be focused on the drummer is during particularly impressive solos, unfortunately I found myself distracted too often by this drummer's performance. The guitarist and bassist are going to have to make some difficult decisions if they want to be as successful as their overwhelming talent deserves.



Deadbeat Revival has been awarded The Box Seal of Approval for excellent music.

0 comments:

Post a Comment