Friday, June 5, 2009

Great Books and other thoughts





I just finished the Mistborn Trilogy by Brandon Sanderson, and have to say that I am completely blown away by how great it was!

After 1,000 years of oppression the memory of hope has all but faded in a mist-haunted, dust-ridden world where powerful Great Houses rule the serf-like Skaa with a cruel, bourgeois hand. In one of the Lord Ruler's hellish prisons, however, Kelsier discovers he is one of the Mistborn, a select group of individuals with impressive, metallurgic powers. Together with a band of elite, cutthroat criminals Kel wrenches his way upwards to stage a coup of unprecedented proportions, but are his powers alone enough to topple the immortal dictator known as the "Sliver of Infinity"


Anyway, that's the 'back of the book' movie trailer type explanation, but I don't think it really does the book justice. The Character development was so great in this story! I haven't really felt attached to character's in a book as much as I was in this Trilogy!

Brandon Sanderson is a local author who teaches a creative writing class at BYU, also he was chosen to finish the last book of The Wheel of Time.

I wish I could write in a way that would compel everyone to read these books, but I can only try a more direct approach, honesty has always been my forte: Read the Book you will love it, even if its not your genre of book or the specific age group that you like.

You may be intrested to know that I have started to write a book entitled Kadence Effect, I have been trying to gain enough courage to write something that will probably suck, but everybody has to write a first book, more updates on Kadence Effect soon

1 comments:

Jen@Because I can said...

Cool brother! I have to check those books out. I think Tyler would like them! And you can do it! Positive thoughts! The title alone makes me want to hear more! I'm sure it will be great!

Post a Comment